FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Which magnets are suitable for knife racks?
Which magnets are suitable for DIY projects?
Distance between magnet and knife
Adhesive force directly in direction of tension: 6,2 kg
Adhesive force directly in direction of tension: 11,0 kg
Knife rack with pedestal
- Wood 45 x 25 cm for the knife board
- Wood 45 x 10 cm for the base
- 86 rod magnets S-05-08-N
Knife rack with wall mounting
- 1 beechwood panel 500 x 250 x 27 mm
- 1 beechwood panel 350 x 150 x 18 mm
- 2 beechwood strips 1 m 13 x 13 mm
- 50 disc magnets S-15-08-N
On the 500 x 250 mm panel, a magnet is embedded every 5 cm, which comes to 5 rows of 10 holes, equaling 50 magnets. To drill the holes, he used a drilling press (Ø 15 mm). Then, the magnets are glued in with wood glue and the wood is treated with linseed oil. The wooden strips for the wall mounting are screwed and glued to the main board. The smaller wooden panel 350 x 150 mm has to perfectly fit into the frame.